Sunday, September 18, 2011

This Might Sound Snobby, But...

Guys/Kanye West throw around the term "gold digger" all the time, referring to a woman who marries for riches, not love. Personally, I would never marry a man for his money if I didn't love him. If he had a job that paid well say as a CEO or physicist and THEN I fell in love with him it's not my fault that he just happened to be in a very nice financial situation. Of course, it always looks more honorable if a woman marries the geeky highschool sweetheart and then he becomes the next Bill Gates; that woman's just a lucky ho.

Guys also need to understand that while most girls aren't gold diggers some of us are already aquainted with a certain lifestyle, which is completely our parent's fault. Sooo sorry our moms took us to William Sonoma and Neiman Marcus since we were four. I know I'm setting women back 50 years by saying this, but the first time I saw that pastel pink mixer with matching bowls and spatula from William Sonoma I was going to marry a man who could maintain that level of class in our home dammit. Even when my mother took me to Target or Walgreens I would still have to come home and try not to touch the Waterford crystal vases and gold laced Lennox plates.

Would I be happy living in a shack if it were with the man of my dreams? Of course, but it's safe to say the man of my dreams won't be a loser and I plan on working so with combined incomes I should at least expect a quaint and stylish abode. Stylish because the Martha Stewart collections are sold at KMart (spelling?) and Macy's. I love Martha. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment